Before we get into why we chose to prefer Scala over other dominant programming languages like Java; here is a quick look at what Scala is and what it brings to the table.
Scala is basically an acronym for “Scalable Language”. Scala is not just another general purpose programming language, but the aspect where it stands out is the programming code pattern is simple, elegant, concise, and type safe way. It supports both object oriented and functional programming. The language is steadily gaining popularity among the programmers and one day might even dethrone Java as the most popular among the developers. The major contributing factor for this is that it’s quite easy to learn, and is in-line with the present breakthroughs of technology like Big Data, Spark, Scalding, Akka, Scorex and many more.
5 Reasons why Scala could be the next big thing
We have narrowed it down to 5 reasons
- An object- oriented language that supports advanced component architecture via classes and traits.
- A functional language that supports immutable data structures
- Most commonly used in Big Data and many other framework development
- Effortless integration with Java and at times caters the shortcomings in Java
- Lines of code are simple, clear and concise.
To wrap it up, Scala is an awesome language that makes coding enjoyable and not tedious. But it is also used by many major corporations;most notably Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare, and The Guardian.